This new 1.0m telescope was installed on the rooftop of the TNT control building in 2020 to replace the 0.5m telescope.
Non-NARIT applicants need to get a TNO-1m account to login into the telescope control software. Note that this account is different from the proposal submission account. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your account before your observation.
The telescope is equipped with two imaging cameras and one echelle spectrograph:
- 2kx2k Andor iKon-L CCD Filters: UBVRI
- 4kx4k Finger Lake CCD with anti-blooming Filters: UBVRI, H-alpha, LRGB for astrophotography
- eShel spectrograph, a commercial echelle spectrograph from the Shelyak manufacturer, operating in the 430- 710 nm range with ~10,000 spectral resolution
For further detail regarding the early measurement of the telescope and instrument's performance, please contact the operation team.
- PIs/Co-Is who are observing during the first half of the night (17:00-24:00) may experience interruption from visitors/guests. The observatory will inform the observers accordingly.
- Maximum RH:90%
- There will be no assistance from the operators during the observation. Observers are responsible to open/close the dome and to operate the telescope themselves.
Please go to the following links for the technical details:
Early on-sky test with 4k camera: https://indico.narit.or.th/event/141/attachments/159/354/TNO1mTrackingPointing.pdf